Special Use Permits & Variances

Boards of Adjustment have been referred to as “relief valves” and can address situations where good development proposals do not precisely match the letter of the law because of hardship circumstances. We regularly petition Boards of Adjustment to grant variances in such cases which will allow projects to move forward despite technical noncompliance.  We also seek approvals of special use permits from Boards of Adjustments to allow specific uses which may have greater impacts than other uses. In either case we will work with you and technical experts such as architects, engineers, landscape architects, foresters and noise and traffic experts to develop and present arguments and evidence which will support your case and give you the best chance of success.